- Gender of the name Emma is a Girl
- The origin of this name – Emma’s name is of multiple origins. It originates from German and Hebrew languages
- The meaning of this name– Germans understand this name as “the One who is complete”. This name originates from Hebrew word, which is translated as “God is with us”. Name Emma is a popular name .It is derived from the old Germanic word “ermen” which means- whole or universal. It is considered that this name is originally a short form of Germanic names that began with the word ermen. Emma is also sometimes used as a diminutive form of names like Emmeline, Amelia or any other name beginning with “em”. However it is actually a different name. This name gained popularity in most European countries – like UK, Germany, France, Norway. It is also the most popular name in USA.
- Name number –5
- Colors – Turquoise, Green- blue, Light shades of brown, Smoky grey, White
- Gems – Aquamarine, Turqoise, Emerald
- Flowers – Ranunculus, Gardenia
- Favorable day – Wednesday, Friday
- Nameday – Emma’s Nameday is celebrated on June 29th
- Variations of the name-
Emmy, Emmajean, Emmalee, Emmi, Emmie, Emmaline, Emelina, Emeline, Emaline, Emmalyn, Emmeline, Em, Emiline, Emelyn, Emelin, Emlyn, Ema
Emma is a hardworking girl. She is organized and systematic. A girl with this name always strives for financial security. She also tends to respect traditions and protect her home. If you have her as a friend, you have probably noticed that she has a very adventurous personality and romantic nature. However this girl is never crossing the boundaries of common sense. This bearer of this name is also passionate and physical. She is a good entertainer. But beware, her kind and generous character is hiding a self- motivated, determined and consistent in her goals personality.
Emma in You Tube