- Gender of the name Sophia is a Girl
- The origin of this name is Greek.
- The meaning of this name- Sophia’s name is translated as “The wise one, the one who has a great foresight”. Meaning o f the name Sophia. Name Sophia originates from the greek word”sophos”, which means -wisdom. This name has been widely spread in Medieval Europe. However it has not lost its popularity throughout the centuries. It is in the list of Top 10 names of USA. However, this name is also loved in France, Scandinavian, Baltic and Slavic countries.
- Who is Sophia’s Patron Saint?
- Her Patron Saint is Saint Sofia. Her Memorial day is on August 1st.
- Name number- 5
- Colors – Turquoise, Green- blue, Yellow, Pink, Blue, Light purple
- Gems – Aquamarine, Turqoise, Yellow topaz, Yellow Sapphire
- Flowers- Ranunculus, Gardenia
- Favorable day- Thursday
- Nameday- Sophia’s Nameday is celebrated on May 15th, September 30th
Variations of the name-
Sophie, Sofiya, Sofie, Sofia, Sofija, Sofja, Sofi, Sofiyko, Sofiko, Sofronia, Sophronia, Sophy, Sonia, Sonya, Sonja
Personality traits of Sophia
Charming, feminine and cheerful. Having great insights, thoughtful and inspiring. Intelligent, knowledgeable, intellectual and wise. Bright, adventurous, good counselor, has a gift of sympathy. Good judge of character. Reliable and trustworthy.