- Gender of the name Sarah is a Girl
- The origin of this name is Hebrew.
- The meaning of this name – Sarah’s name is translated as “Princess or Lady” . This name is mentioned in the Bible. She was a wife of Patriarch Abraham and mother of Isaac. Her Memorial day is on August 19th.
- History of the name -this name is believed to be derived from the Hebrew sārāh or ‘Sarai’ (princess, noble, mother of all nations). The name is borne in the Bible by the wife of the patriarch Abraham and mother of Isaac.
- Name number –2
- Colors- Orange, Peach, Salmon, Gold, White, Light blue, Pink, Yellow
- Gems – Gold, Moonstone, Diamond ,Quartz,Crystal, White Sapphire, Tourmaline
- Flowers- White jasmine, White lilac, Mimosa, Pansy
- Favorable day- Wednesday, Friday
- Nameday- Sarah’s Nameday is celebrated on August 19th
Nicknames -Sadie, Sally, Sar, Sasa, Sasha, Sarita, Sarah-Bearah, Sar-Bear, Sari, Sarah-Bear, Ara, Rya
Variations of the name
Sara, Sarai,Sadie, Sally, Sari, Sariah, Sarika, Saaraa, Sarita, Sarina, Sarra, Saara, Saarah, Saarrah, Sharita, Sharie, Sharri, Sharrie, Sharry, Shary, Shari, Sorya
Charming, emotional, devoted and loyal. Great judge of character. Not esasily fooled and not easily influenced.Bold and courageous. A little absent minded, can be stubborn at times. Business- minded and hardworking. Reliable and trustworthy. Honest, but not easily trusting. Good negotiator. Knows how to find the bargain. Intuitive and bright.
Famous people and celebrities with this name
S. Michelle Geller – American actress
S. Jessica Parker – American actress
S. Silverman – American comedian and actress
S. Chen – Taiwanese singer
S. McLachlan – American singer
S. Bolger – Irish actress
S. Dessen – American writer
S. Hughes – American figure skater
S. Geronimo – Filipino singer, also known as Popstar Princess
S. Bernhardt – French actress from the 1870’s
S. Murdoch- Australian model
S. O’Sullivan – Ceramic Artist
S. Palin – US politician; former Governor of Alaska
S. Blasko – Australian Singer
S. Ferguson – Mother of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
S. Margaret Qualley, daughter of American actress Andie MacDowell
S. Richardson, Canadian television personality, featured on HGTV’s Sarah’s House
Sarah’s name in the media
S. Connor, a character in the Terminator franchise, portayed in James Cameron’s films by Linda Hamilton and by Lena Headey in the Fox television adaptation
S. “Mac” MacKenzie,-a lead character on American television drama J.A.G.
S. Jane Smith,- a lead character on British television series Doctor Who and later the spinoff series, “The Sarah Jane Adventures”
S. Witting,- the title character of Patricia McLachlan’s 1986 children’s book Sarah, Plain and Tall, and the sequel Skylark
“Sarah”, song by Jefferson Starship
Sarah, from the Canadian duet Teagan and Sarah
S. is the lead character in the David Bowie film the Labrinth.
S. is the name of the triceratops in the Steven Speilberg animation The Land Before Time
S. McGee is the name of Timothy McGee’s sister on NCIS
“Sarah Smiles”, song by Panic! at the Disco
“Sarah, Sarah”, song by Jonathan Butler
“Sarah”, song by Thin Lizzy
“Sarah”, song by Eskimo Joe
“What Sarah Said”, song by Death Cab for Cutie
S. Woodruff, heroine of John Fowles’ novel “The French Lieutenant’s Woman”
S. Connolly Sugden, character in British TV soap opera “Emmerdale”
“Sara Smile”, song by Hall and Oats
Sarah, from A Little Princess
S. Lewis, in the 1999 film “Forces of Nature”
“Calling Sarah” a song by Jellyfish
“Sara” a song by Fleetwood Mac
“Sara’s Mask” a song by CKY
“Sarah Smiles” by Panic! At The Disco
S. Hart is a character in the Lorien Legacies series.
S. Carpenter from The Little House series