- Gender of the name Anthony is a Boy
- The origin of the name – Name Anthony originates from Latin and Greek languages.
- The meaning of the name- Anthonys’ name is translated from Latin as “The one from an old family”. Anthony’s name in Greek is understood as “Praiseworthy, full of joy”.
This name is currently in the list of TOP 20 most popular names of USA.
- Name number- 7
- Colors- Violet, Purple, Green, Turqoise, Brown, Grey
- Gems- Amethyst, Alexandrite, Emerald
- Flowers- Lavender, Rose- scented geranium
- Favorable days – Wednesday, Friday
- Nameday- Anthony’s Nameday is celebrated on January 17th.
Antal, Anthone, Anthoney, Antanas, Anntoin, Antin, Anton, Antone, Antonello, Antoney, Antoni, Antonije, Antonin, Antonino, Antonio, Antonius, Antons, Antony, Antun, Anthany, Antione, Antoine, Antjuan, Antuan, Antuanas, Antwain, Antuwaine, Antwan, Antwaun, Antwohn, Antwoin, Antwoine, Antwon, AntwonePersonality traits
Original , unconventional and not easily influenced. Physical, passionate and romantic. Dynamic leading a busy life-style. A freedom lover. Has a good taste and refined habits. Self- sufficient, hardworking and successful.Anthony on You Tube
Famous bearers of this name are
Roman warrior Marcus Antonius
English actor Anthony Hopkins,
American actors- A. Quinn and Antonio Banderas
Chef/author- A. Bourdain;
Former British prime minister- Tony Blair
Skateboarder – Tony Hawk.
A. Eden, British Prime Minister
A. Kiedis- Lead singer of band Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tony (Anthony) Shalhoub, Actor
Mark Anthony, singer
A.Padilla- American internet personality, part of the YouTube comedy duo Smosh
A. Quintal (@lohanthony)- American internet personality
A. Perkins-Actor the original Norman Bates