- Gender of the name Scarlett is a Girl
- The origin of this name is English.
- The meaning of this name– Scarlett’s name is understood as “A vivacious woman, A vibrant woman or color red”.
- History of the name – this name is believed to be originated from an English and Irish surname, as explained in “Gone With the Wind” .It was an occupational name given those who dealt in scarlet,- which was a type of fine and expensive woolen cloth, in medieval times. Scarlet was actually made in many colors, but the most popular and most expensive one was carmine red. Popularity of the color also gave the cloth’s name to a word for bright red, “scarlet”, which is still used today. Scarlet cloth was comparatively elastic due to the technique of twisting the yarn in weaving it, and was often used for stockings and tights.
- Who is Scarlett’s Patron Saint?
- Her Patron Saint is Saint Cynfran of Wales. His Memorial day is on November 11th.
- Name number – 8
- Colors – Rose, Pink, Green, Turqoise, Light shades of brown, Smoky grey, White
- Gems – Diamond, Rose quartz, Emerald
- Flowers – Hollyhock, Camelia
- Favorable days – Wednesday, Friday
- Nameday – Scarlett’s Nameday is celebrated on January 31st and November 11th
Nicknames – Scar, Lettie, Lottie,Letty, Letta, Carly, Scout, Scar, Scarly, Scarletta, Scassy, Sassy, Star, Scottie, Carsie, Latte, Scatt
Variations of the name
Scarlet, Scarlette, Skarlet, Skarlette, Skarlett, Skarletė
Hardworking and passionate. Optimistic and realistic. Not easily fooled, and not easily trusting. Passionate an loving. Goal driven, resolute and purposeful. Charming, feminine, charismatic. Good communication skills. Artistic and creative, loves to please and entertain.Easily hurt, sensitive and prone to nervous breakdowns. Needs much of personal freedom, though easily adaptable.
Famous people and celebrities with this name
S. Johansson – American actress
S. Noel Pomers – American actress
S. Leithold – American model
Scarlett’s name in the media
Scarlett O’Hara,- a heroine of Margaret Mitchell’s novel “Gone With the Wind”. Her full name was actually Katie Scarlett O’Hara, in honor of her paternal grandmother Katie Scarlett.
S- an eccentric friend of Hugh Grant’s character in film “Four Weddings and a Funeral”
Someone Like You – Sarah Dessen – One of the main characters
S. – main character in the story L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
S. -main character from Cathy Cassidy’s book “Scarlett”, a rebellious redhead